Saturday, January 22, 2011

My little sister came into my room this morning and started watching MTV's I Used To Be Fat with me... I was surprised that she was actually interested as typically iCarly on Nickelodeon is her show of choice. After we watched it for a few minutes I asked her if she knew I was doing something similar; which she didn’t. I decided for a couple of reasons to show her my "not so bikini ready" video... First of all, I obviously wanted my little sister to understand what I was doing but second of all I have had next to no motivation to work out over the past week (and I ate bad – I went to Cheesecake Factory and killed a big bowl of pasta)… I hadn’t watched the video since it was put online and I decided that it would do me some good to revisit the reason why I decided to do this. I haven’t watched the video because I'm embarrassed and grossed out to even see myself looking the way I do in it. We only made it 30 seconds into the video and I had to stop it but it did me a lot of good. I got my butt up and went and worked out. I also texted my trainer Ashlee and told her how bad I had done this week. Although my next session with her wasn’t supposed to be until Tuesday we are going to meet up tomorrow for an extra workout. I asked her to kick my butt tomorrow too, which I know I am going to regret haha.   

2 comments:

  1. I blew off the gym yesterday in favor of a nap and felt really guilty, as I'm trying to lose about 20 lbs. Instead of getting really down on myself though, I read your blog and looked up healthy recipes and fitness tips. After that I was so psyched this morning to get to the gym that I did my longest/most intense cardio workout yet! I hope your workout was awesome today too : ) Here's to sticking with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job Amy!!! I like to hear stories like this because it gets me even more motivated to workout myself.. My workout with Ashlee yesterday was excellent (she definitely kicked my butt - and my abs and my arms haha) and I hit the cardio hard too. I feel really good (very sore but good!) today for it. I am meeting with my dietitian tomorrow so I will let you know what she has to say and will pass on any recipes she gives me !! Please keep me posted with your progress!!!

    ReplyDelete