Friday, April 1, 2011

129, I am SO happy to see you !!!!

Sooo, I didn't totally fall off the face of the Earth but it was pretty close haha . Seriously for the past like two weeks my schedule has been as follows: wake up super early, go to the gym for a couple hours, head to work, babysit, go home and pass out .  repeat . repeat . repeat . I can't believe its already April 1st, time is just flyingggggg by, its crazy for me to think that I have been doing this thing for 3 months now!

Its also crazy for me to think about how far I have come over the past few months. Thus far, 2011 has proved to be a year of learning and has been filled with lots of great experiences. This morning I finally broke the 130lb mark and I can't tell you how great it feels to finally see 129 on the scale. I have officially gone from a size 12-14 to a size 6. I love this. I love that I can go into every store in the mall and find jeans that fit me. I went shopping the other day and caught myself purposely choosing size 12 jeans off the rack and trying them on just to get the satisfaction out of them being way too big for me now. I love that I am starting to see definition in my muscles. I love the shape my butt is finally starting to take...


I do have to say that I've been doing a much better job working out. I can't believe I'm about to say this but I am actually starting to enjoy it... I'm nowhere near head over heels in love with working out yet but my relationship is definitely blossoming haha.

My biggest struggle at the moment is definitely my diet. Surprisingly, my problem is not that I'm eating too much but the complete opposite. I'm actually having trouble eating enough. By no means am I starving myself, I am just having trouble eating enough of what I really need each day, such as vegetables. Let me tell you, it is really difficult to eat 5 servings of vegetables a day. Besides not consuming enough veggies I am still slacking in other areas. Ive come to learn that it is very important that your daily food intake is made up of a certain amount of each carbs, fat, and protein. I am having a bit of trouble balancing this each day. Some days I eat too many cabs and not enough protein, other days its too much fat... Although its unrealistic to measure exact nutritional intake every day for the rest of my life I think that it is going to be very important for me to do over the next two months to lose my last ten pounds... 

A big part of my diet struggle is due to my lack of preparing food in advance. Although I have been a lot better about packing lunches over the past two weeks it is still difficult for me to do. It shouldn't be. This is something that I definitely need to work on. Being on the go so much, I always would tend to grab snacks and meals from gas stations and convenience stores. This is bad because rarely do these places ever have unprocessed foods... I've also come to learn that its bad to wait until you're hungry to decide what you want to eat because often times, at least in my case, I will just eat the most convenient thing available which is usually something unhealthy. Eating healthy definitely takes a little extra effort but it is totally worth it.

Over the next two months I really have to crack down. I need to be more strict with my diet. No more Chinese take-outs. No more late night chocolate binges (they haven't been frequent occurrences but they have taken place and it has to stop) Like I said above, i'm not eating horribleeee, i'm eating pretty well to maintain a healthy diet. The problem is though that I need to be eating for weight loss, not maintenance. Over the next two months I need to be eating really, really, really, well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment