Saturday, April 30, 2011

A cold hit me with a vengeance Friday night. Nobody enjoys being sick but I absolutely HATE it. Makes me mad, it's annoying and gets in the way of my busy schedule. After writing my last blog post this morning I decided that I really needed to work out today... I used handy dandy Google to do a little research on working out while sick and various sources actually said that not only can exercising while sick shorten the duration of a cold but being sick also makes you have BETTER workouts. Top strength coach Bill Starr states that training while sick "…helps flush useful healing nutrients through the body and aids in expelling toxins." Starr also says that when sick, ones immune system releases loads and loads of antibodies "to combat the invading toxins and microorganisms. Those antibodies are strength enhancers. This is especially true in the early stages of any illness." Who woulda thought that?? SO with that said, I am about to go and put Mr. Starrs theories to the test...

No comments:

Post a Comment