Saturday, April 30, 2011

Mid-Quarter Crisis.

About half way through each quarter at school I have what I call a mid-quarter crisis; a period of a few days in which I basically freak out about how much I have to do over the remainder of the term.  It never fails to happen. I am going through one right now. Not only am I having a panic attack about papers, exams, work and bills but this quarter I am also freaking out about my thighs. It just recently dawned on me that it is about to be the beginning of May and my body is still “not so bikini ready”. My tummy still jiggles and my thighs are still plagued by “orange peel syndrome”. Cellulite is my enemy and it is still winning the war I declared against it a few months ago. How do I get rid of the lumps and bumps of stored fat that 80-90% of women have? It seems impossible. Apparently cellulite is just stored fat, so in theory, if you had zero body fat, you would have zero cellulite. Having zero body fat is an unattainable goal though and even if it were possible would actually be bad for ones body. As I have learned, body fat is necessary for a number of things, for example, many vitamins are fat soluble, so without fat your body wouldn’t be able to receive such nutrients. Also, body fat acts as insulation for organs, amongst other things and prevents loss of necessary body heat. Anyway, where I am going with this is that I am struggling with getting my percent body fat down. Looking back at the goals I set myself in January, I was hoping to have 20-24% body fat by June 3rd and a weight of 120lbs. Currently my body fat is around 27% and my weight is fluctuating between 126lbs and 129lbs. What this means is that I have to try to lose 3-7% body fat and 9 more pounds in like one month. How am I going to pull this off? Can you see why I am freaking out? Nevertheless, I am still determined to make this happen. The major thing standing in the way of me and my goal is my diet. I’ve said this numerous times now. I know it is my diet because when I eat really well for a week (meaning no junk food at all, proper portions, frequent snacking instead of a couple big meals) I see results. When I eat badly, I don’t see them and my weight goes back up. I know it is okay to eat junk food every now and then, but my every now and then just recently has been like every other day. OR as I did yesterday, I will eat REALLY well during the day, and then at ten o’clock at night say screw it and kill a pizza and a bag of skittles. I REALLY need to get this under control STAT. I think first thing Monday morning I need to schedule my last dietitian session and see if they can help me get back on track. When June 3rd roles around I don’t want to be bummed out, regretting not working hard enough. Beating my goal would be so much more rewarding than the 15 minutes of gratification I get from downing a bag of candy.

1 comment:

  1. Keep it up Kirsty!! You have been doing such an amazing job!! We are so proud of what you've accomplished!

    ReplyDelete